you will never boil an egg ever again!!!! pics inc ;)

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by h4ppy-chris, Jan 7, 2012.

1. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    why wont you boil an egg ever again? because if you steam them they naily fall out of the shell [​IMG] and are cooked to perfection !!

i put boiling water from the kettle in to the steamer and turned on the steamer for 2 minutes to let it get up to temp.
    then using a sewing needle pricked the large end of the egg and laid it flat in the steamer (they don't need to be stud upright) then steamed them for 10 minutes.
    this it how i got there [​IMG]

i cut up this plastic egg tray to hold the eggs it turned out a waste of time but hay i was playing [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see the plastic egg tray did not hold up [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see they naily fall out of the shell [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Oh my gosh, that cut egg is perfect! I LOVE eggs that have a solid white, but gooey yolk (can't stand it if I don't get it right and ANY white is left uncooked, it reminds me of snot!).

3. h4ppy-chris

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    i don't like hard boiled eggs when the yoke is dry and makes your tung stick to the roof of your mouth [​IMG]

4. cbohn80

cbohn80 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    nj
    someone bought us an egg cooker for christmas, i think its by cuisinart. it comes with a hole punch and water measure. theres a guide that says how much water to use for how many eggs and how well you want them done. i was not too happy about it until i used it. the eggs do peel so much easier, I LOVE IT. definatly worth it or i'm sure you could cook them in a small very steamer too in a phttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A1ZN9/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00008IH9X&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=18GE82MWBRWDG090K58B

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. h4ppy-chris

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    Quote:my steamer as two tears so i can cook 24 eggs in 10 minutes. most people have a steamer so they don't need to buy something else to put in the cupboard [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by