1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

You will not believe this!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rancher hicks, May 19, 2010.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Crowing

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    As you know I am a big fan of BYC and I promote it to everyone who doesn't know. When I meet someone who has chickens, I always ask do you know about backyardchickens.com? Well in answering a craigs list about a coop, I advised the poster to go to "backyardchicken. com". Do you notice anything?

I left off the S. Well apparently if you google Backyardchicken.com, it takes you to a sex site. The poster sent me a message asking if it was some kind of joke. I am so embarrassed. I hope there is something that can be done about this mixup in domain names.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh wow! I had that happen once - when we were moving to this area I remembered the newspaper name as Daily Post - It's Daily Press. DO NOT GO TO DAILY POST.

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Crowing

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I am not sure how it happened but when I clicked on the Backyardchicken.com? in my e-mail it takes me to a site for XXX sites. Its' really upsetting to have this happen. I hope they find this site cuz it's alot of help. If you don't think you can build a coop for under the $200 they were looking for in their posting you need to use your imagination. This really is the best site for ideas. If you don't find one you like you can always modify someone elses design.

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Why don't you suggest Backyardchickens forum instead of just Backyardchickens.com

5. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

Quote:You wrote Backyardchicken...not backyardchicken(s). Could that be the discrepancy? One thing for sure...we must be getting big if a sex site is trying to get hits through us!

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I just typed in backyardchicken.com and got a search site. Don't know what that guy is looking up if he's getting that site...

7. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:Me too. I wonder what they typed in...what kind of misspelling you have to do to get THAT?

8. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:That is what I got also.

9. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Songster

May 21, 2008
    I got a search engine also [​IMG] If it was me I would try variations until I found it, that's just me.

10. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Maybe he accidentally replaced the CH with an L? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by