You wont believe this!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oddyse, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Oddyse

Oddyse Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Hey guys, I just wanted to share something with you. Every time I play Bill Withers , my baby duckies curl up next to my speakers and fall asleep! Its amazing! Ducks must actually be able to hear and be soothed by music! I love playing it and just watching them cuddle up together and fall asleep! I just wanted to share that with you guys. [​IMG]

2. DaftaboutDucks

DaftaboutDucks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    Ontario
    Awwww ...so cute!!![​IMG]

3. ducks_rcool329

ducks_rcool329 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Black Forest, Colorado
    Mine are the same way with mumford and sons. They get upset if I turn it off.... [​IMG]

4. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Its actually amazing! How is it that duckies can pull heart strings so much from just a day old???? I just dont get it, they love the music I love and sleep when I do! I actually do feel blessed by finding my love for duckies! lol, im 25 and still call them duckies! [​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Don't feel bad-I'm a few years older than you and call even the adults duckies...issues here. [​IMG]

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They have good taste [​IMG]

7. bluma123

bluma123 New Egg

Jun 7, 2011
    Animals are funny when it comes to music! I have a ball python and she tends to get cranky. When she seems tense I lean over her cage and sing or hum nonsense and she calms down. It's bizarre, but if it keeps me from getting struck at when I try and hold her, I will pretend I'm Maria Callas if I have to!

Bluma

1 Duck: Nixon, 3 chickens: Shaniqua, Juanita and Margaret, 1 Pit Bull: Destiny (rescue dog) 1 Ball Python: Lilith, 2 tarantulas: Alejandro and Guadalupe plus a bunch of fruit rats in the attic, a few cute wolf spiders and palmetto bugs in the bathroom...yet un-named. Oh, and the wildest animal of all..a ten year old female human.

8. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Ahhhhhahahah! I am so glad you started this thread! My little duckies LOVE music! I will bring a radio out and play it for them every day. They love country music. Lol! But they do not what so ever like rock or rap or anything that is to noisy and loud. Lol! [​IMG]

9. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    lol, i thought originally that they would hate music, because I wasnt sure how duckies hear! But they love it! HAHAHAHAHAHA Wifezilla, I just clicked the link and BOOM! Off to sleep they went! [​IMG] , People ask me "why ducks" , and before I bought them I really didnt know, but now! I cant stop listing reasons! And I must have some of the worlds best behaved duckies! I call them into their house at night and they just go in! You can tell they are thing "Its ok, if we go in now we will get treats later! " [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] , and for anyone who hasnt tried it, bang on some Bill Withers and watch them drift off! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by