1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You won't believe your eyes, I certainly didn't...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by krcote, Jan 7, 2011.

1. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Hey all! Check out this article and video- this is the story of Tonka. He is a badly emaciated dog brought into one of the hospitals I work at. I can personally attest to his beautiful personality and his love for people. He really is the sweetest boy I've met [​IMG]

http://www.wmur.com/news/26390678/detail.html

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Poor guy!!!

[​IMG] to all the folks involved in caring for him, now.

[​IMG] to whoever left him in that condition!

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] for that poor dog! I just don't understand people...
    If a dog is not wanted, and there is no pound/humane society available, it would be SO much more humane to put a bullet through its head than to neglect it like that.

4. The Tinman

The Tinman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Fairfield County CT
    He is a pit bull. Because he is so friendly is probably why he was neglected. The owner tried to make him mean and when that did not work he was abandoned. You know what is sad? The owner if found will probably only have to pay a small fine. Thats it! I think he should be put in a dog kennell and starved to see how he like it. [​IMG]

5. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Poor dog! He has had an awful time but it is lovely to see him being so well looked after and to know he will have a happy home when he is recovered. [​IMG]

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What a wonderful ending! If I was rich, I would adopt that boy and bring him home. I just lost my little black Shih-tsu to big dogs running loose here in town, (Mine go across to the church yard and NO further and come right back home, but these bad boys roam the whole town and no one knows who they belong too, but they are well fed, collared and MEAN). Onyx came in bloodied and battered Wed. morning and died that evening. He had a skin condition, and while I miss that little monkey man face, I like to think he is fully furred out and running happily with clear eyesight and having a good ole time in animal heaven. He was a good boy!!!

But, the thought that someone did this to this dog is unthinkable in our society . . .whoever did it should be sent to a dark room with a small cage enclosure and left. Prison is too good for these kind of people. Hurt a child or an animal and I think you have your own special hell to deal with.

Don't you love that Tonka's face!!!! My kind of dog!!!!!

7. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
  8. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Quote:These poor animals! How can humans be so appallingly cruel? It makes me so ashamed to be part of the same race as these creatures. Well done to all who are helping these dogs to recover. [​IMG]

9. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I will be sure to give him a smooch for all of you dog lovers [​IMG]

10. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    We just had a case here in town of an abandoned pit/Amercan bull terrier cross. She was starved, her toenails were badly overgrwown, fleas everywhere, had an infected eye that had to be removed and a few other problems when she was found. And she, too, turned out to be the sweetest personality! She's found a good home now. I truly do not understand people. Our Lab was dumped and abandoned also. But he was smart- he knew whose house to stop at! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by