You'd think I'd be used to this by now! Update! One is out!!!

gvntofly05

Songster
10 Years
Sep 21, 2009
IN
I have hatched many times! Each time I go crazy waiting for pips!

Well most of my hatches I have had at least 1 pip this far into day 21. Except for my first batch of Marans. That hatch I got a pip late on day 21 and they all hatched on day 22 and day 23.

All my other hatches I had pips on day 20 and all hatched on day 21.

Well I am hatching my first batch of my Marans offspring and it is halfway through day 21 and not 1 pip! I saw a couple rock last night but nothing since.

Right now I am feeling like I have a failed hatch. All my other hatches have had a 80% or better hatch rate.

Is it possible that these chicks are just following in their parents footsteps and they won't hatch until days 22 and 23?

Why does this still get to me with so many hatches under my belt?

I'm going crazy and I know patience is the key. I guess maybe I just needed to vent since I have no other adults at home right now to talk to about it!

Last edited:
Deep, cleansing breaths! We are here with you!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did follow in their parents' footsteps. Let us know how it goes!

Stay on the computer! Back away from the eggs!
big_smile.png
Happy hatching,
jumpy.gif

I'm right with you. I am into Day 22 right now, with only one egg peeping. The 10 others are totally quiet. This is my first hatch, though, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Oh man, my first hatch goes into lockdown in 4 days and I'm so nervous. I'm hatching Marans too... Keep us updated cuz if mine are late I'm might need this post to calm my nerves
fl.gif
LOL!

Amazingly enough I just saw the first pip about 15 minutes ago. Like I said, this is Day 22 for us - or Day 23, depending how you count. I started the eggs late in the evening of June 30. I am so relieved to finally see something! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your little guys.

Still no pips!!

Once I get the first pip I usually settle down and all worry goes away. I'm doing all I can to stay away from the bator.

I need bedtime to get here fast! Hopefully I can awake in the morning to pips or zips!

Okay, so I woke up this morning to 2 pips!

I'm hoping these two will make their appearance sometime today. Still 7 more yet to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom