Young Adult Turkey- Male or Female- Video

Lisa Pedro

Songster
7 Years
Jun 12, 2012
Christmas, FL
My Coop
My Coop
Here is a short video of our turkey Cleopatra. She is 1/2 Heritage Chocolate and 1/2 Royal Pam. We got her when she was about 4 months old. She is probably 9 or 10 months old by now. It did not take her too long to fit in with everyone else. She has always done hen calls and she clucks and purrs. She is alot like a Great Dane puppy, with a big body and long legs but not always knowing how to use them. She runs alot, because she is interested in something, or someone has food ( she likes to look in every food dish and feeder) or the guineas are chasing her. She has run into me on more than one occasion, lol.
She is alot bigger than our Bronze hen Pocahontas and about the same size as Chief our Bronze Tom who is displaying in the video.
Lately I have seen Cleopatra strut or display a couple times and I thought I heard her drum. So she mostly acts like a female but has done a couple male type things lately and is big ( but her tail is not). Is she just confused?
Sometime Chief displays at her and other times he chases her like he is not happy with her. So is he confused too? LOL Let me know what you think. Thanks.
0.jpg

That's a boy. Girls do not have the ability to lengthen and shorten their snoods. He is just a late maturing bird and since you already have a dominate male, there is no reason for him to do anything that challenges your big boy.

Back
Top Bottom