Young bantam Columbian Cochin pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyb1969, Jun 16, 2011.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Up for auction is an 8 week old pair of columbian bantam Cochins. The ONLY reason I'm selling these 2 is because I just had a terrific hatch from my own eggs, and this pair is too old to put with the newly hatched chicks. Both have excellent leg feathering and gorgeous yellow feet.

Shipping is available and will include the cost for a new shipping box (or buyer can send one to me), exact Express Mail shipping cost, AND the live animal surcharge enforced by the USPS.

ETA: Link for shipping box: http://www.boxesforbirds.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Alan1: I want these!!! [​IMG]

Alan2: no u don't! No u don't! No more cochins! [​IMG]

Alan3: i need help! [​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

[​IMG]

4. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    So cute..... Must resist have enough already.

Dang you for listing these Michelle [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] May just be watching. Don't have any of these yet. [​IMG]

5. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmmm I really don't need these.. But they will be B-E-A-utiful... I also like the mottled pair on your website... Can you put them together in a box?

6. shelleyb1969

Quote:Yep...I can get just a slightly bigger box, put the divider in it, and ship both pair together. [​IMG] I was thinking of listing that mottled pair on BYC as well. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    "Live animal surcharge" - is this something new???

8. shelleyb1969

Quote:Not anything new...my local po just decided to start enforcing it. [​IMG] Imagine my surprise, after shipping birds for 2 years, to go to the po and them say, "we are now required to charge a live animal surcharge"! And it's calculated by weight.

9. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    So strange! I always print my own shipping labels - and I do nothing other than a straight up express mail shipping label... I find it funny how policies change from PO to PO... but, I refrain from B****ing because I'm sure it's not their most appreciated cargo... We will all be screwed if us chicken folk raise a ruckus and upset the postal system :-/
    Quote:Not anything new...my local po just decided to start enforcing it. [​IMG] Imagine my surprise, after shipping birds for 2 years, to go to the po and them say, "we are now required to charge a live animal surcharge"! And it's calculated by weight.

10. shelleyb1969

Sure hope you're not "surprised" one day. [​IMG] I live in a very remote area...we don't even have a red light in our town. I suppose that the frequency of my shipments got noticed by someone. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by