1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Young Buff Orpington Rooster, Renton Washington

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Jenny123, May 4, 2014.

1. Jenny123

Jenny123 New Egg

May 3, 2014
    Beautiful, happy, hand raised, gentile 10 week old buff orpington cockerel named Pickle. He loves people and even does a few tricks. He is always first to greet us when we are out in the yard. We are looking for a good home as we can't keep in our city back yard.
    Let me know if you are interested.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  2. Citychick11

Citychick11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2014
    That's a pretty good trick! [​IMG] We are waiting to see if any of our 4 week old chicks are cockerels. I will check back in a few weeks to see if yours is still available.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  3. ochochicas

ochochicas Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2014
    Washington State
    Check with some of the local feed stores. I was talking to a gal in Enumclaw this weekend and they have clients that are looking for specific breeds for breeding. Good luck with your search!

4. Dvroenen

Dvroenen New Egg

Apr 7, 2014
    do you still have pickles? He's a good age for my 5 week old pulleys! I live in the Houston area so would there be a problem shipping him? If so how much do you want for him

5. Jenny123

Jenny123 New Egg

May 3, 2014
    Hi Pickle is still available. I will check-in with some of the feed stores in Auburn and Enumclaw WA and see if there is anyone looking for this breed first. Then I will look into what sending him would entail.

Thanks for your replies :)

6. Dvroenen

Dvroenen New Egg

Apr 7, 2014
    That sounds great! Yes it would be a long way for him to travel even overnight ! Best of luck to you
    :)

7. Jenny123

Jenny123 New Egg

May 3, 2014
    Pickles went to his new country home, out of the city today. Hopefully he will have a full life there.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. emilycatkins

emilycatkins New Egg

May 23, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Hi! Jenny- do you know of anyone who would want an Ameracauna rooster? What feed stores did you contact? I would hate to see my Helen (now Mr Helen) get eaten, hes way too gorgeous for that! Thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by