1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Young crowers

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BrianT, Sep 25, 2010.

1. BrianT

BrianT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    North FL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two birds are maybe a quarter the size (on a BIG day ) of the other birds in our flock. We were hearing them make some new sounds that we just figured to be some sound specific to the breed but then I noticed they would stand very tall (all of 7 inches tall ) and thrust their heads foward in the crowing position. Its not a true crow but very obvious that they are trying. HYSTERICAL!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] We have two other barred variety birds that are kind of like the flock 'harrassment team' and these little guys bow up at them. They think they are supersized roosters.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] The banties sure have squeaky voices when they start crowing. [​IMG]

3. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    You just gotta love their effort. They probably think they sound great!

4. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    yup yup I had an oegb was trying to crow at 2 weeks, sat on the side of the little box we had them in and stretched and flapped and peep lol . its even funnier when they barely have feathers.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My current youngest roo is a bantam cochin, and he sounds like a kazoo. He's made it to 2 syllables, now: "Errrrrrrrrr. ERRR." When it was just a single Errrrrrr I almost fell over laughing. I wish I could find my kazoo so I could let him hear how it sounds.....

But he'll get there. *snicker*

6. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Quote:I just read how many chickens you have or breeds [​IMG] man you must be addicted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by