1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Young family of 5

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tff3690, Feb 21, 2017.

1. tff3690

tff3690 New Egg

Feb 21, 2017
    My wife and I have 3 daughters and this year we are wanting to start raising our own eggs. We are in the process of gaining knowledge and learning about how to raise a small flock. We want to raise our kids to know where food comes from and after a successful (small) garden experience last year we want to expand our backyard farm.

No matter where I start searching for information I always end up back on this site. Great info and awesome helpful advice!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, tff3690, and [​IMG]! Great to have you as an official part of our community! Happy that you have found BYC useful with your chicken pursuits! Best wishes!

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! It is amazing how many times we hear "every time I search for a chicken answer I end up here" -- so glad that it lead you to us as well! Chickens are such a fantastic family project - and an excellent "gateway drug" to expanding your homestead [​IMG]

5. IdahoTom

IdahoTom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    Welcome to BYC! Your family will appreciate the great food and wonderful experience you are giving them. Far too many people don't know where their food comes from and you are off to a great start.

-IdahoTom

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, and welcome to the flock! Glad you decided to join us, please make yourself at home here and enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

7. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG] i look forward to seeing you around BYC!!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under tff3690 [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can cut out the middle man, and just head for Backyard chickens. It's great when the whole family gets involved. [​IMG]

10. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by