Young guy needs romantic advice about older women

Oblio13

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 26, 2008
New Hampshire
I have a young roo who mounts pullets that are his age. But when I put him in with the egg-laying hens, they chase him upstairs and he spends the day hiding in the communal nesting box.

I've tried to talk to him. "Stew", I say, "You're a rooster. March into that coop, grab the best-looking one by the hair, and take what you want."

He tries, but gets rebuffed and intimidated. The hens will shake him off, turn around and bump chests with him, and he runs upstairs again in tears.

I've tried to increase his self confidence with adventure training and manners classes. I've prepared special dinners and served them by candle light with the best wines. I've improved the coop's ambiance with flowers and music.

Do you think a bubble machine would help?

Maybe if you played some Barry White or Marvin Gaye and lit a few candles....

Or maybe that woun't be a good idea.

Sounds like sooner or later he'll say "enough is enough", and his natural drive will take over.

Poor dude.

How long has he been with the older girls? Maybe he just needs a little more time to adjust. I was afraid my young rooster wouldn't be accepted by the older hens either and he does get chased around sometimes but sometimes (when he's really quick), he'll get lucky:)

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

The older women are intimidating.

It may take him 2 weeks or longer to join the flock and take control when put in with older hens. My young roo hid behind the feed cans for 3 weeks. He spent 2 weeks on the roosts. Then he jumped down and took over the flock. My eggs are fertile now.
smile.png

I thought the BIG GIRLS were going to KILL my widdle banty rooster that i sent in to rule them. I had to run in and save hime every time. I thought he was going to force his entire body through the welded wire to get back into the bantam side of the coop. Eventually they let him live with them.

I keep my Rooster seperate from the ladies as they tried more than once to kill him. I really dont think they liked the whole hair pulling being held down adventure.

Once they realized that there was more of them then there was of him he lost and they began an alliance.

I can just see little table set up with a wine bottle and soft music in the background with a plate of grubs!
gig.gif

You are all so funny......started my day out right, with a laugh!
lau.gif

Now I know why I come back here, y'all are hillarious.

Bubbles...
lol.png

I hear Lawrence Welk's band playing.....

LOL, I have never seen how a chicken will react to bubbles. I wonder if it would freak them out. Makes me want to grab the bubbles and see what mine do. Hmm, will have to wait for the rain to let up first
tongue.png
Krista

Back
Top Bottom