1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Young, Hansome, Show Quality Roosters for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Yazzo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Yazzo

Yazzo Songster

Jul 23, 2010
    If you have a flock of hens and/or pullets, and need a rooster, then you may have just found him! We have several very nice, tame, show quality roosters for sale. They are all about 3 months old. At least one of them is almost certainly SQ, and doesn't have mites.
    I have 5 beautiful Australorps cockerels. They are super, super tame....just waiting for a nice flock of hens or someone who wants them as pets. They'll eat right out of your hand, have never even tried to attack us, and are a joy to have around. They're not full grown but already quite big: the perfect size and age for taming and getting to know, which is the key to having a non-aggressive rooster.

We also have four 1-year-old roosters. One is free, just because his feathers haven't quite grown back yet, after a fight with another rooster a few months back, but when they do, he'll be a gorgeous barred rock rooster! Come pick him up if you want him.

We are in Pleasant View, which is located about 20 miles N of Cortez, Colorado.

Pickup and possible delivery/shipment.

Email or PM me for questions and phone #.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010

2. smileyhayes

smileyhayes Hatching

Aug 2, 2010
    Too bad you are on the other side of the country, I have a very happy flock of 8 australorp hens that are in need of a fine roo !
    Them are some handsome birds !
    [​IMG]

3. Yazzo

Yazzo Songster

Jul 23, 2010
    Too bad indeed! [​IMG]

If you would be willing to pay for shipping, we might be able to do that, but shipping is probably pretty darn expensive.....whereabouts do you live?

Thanks! [​IMG]

4. smileyhayes

smileyhayes Hatching

Aug 2, 2010
    North Central Ohio quite a haul, even for a healthy roo ! lol
    We plan on going to our county fair and seeing if we can purchase one from a 4-h'er or junior fair entrant....
    Should make their day, knowing they will be in a happy coop !

5. Yazzo

Yazzo Songster

Jul 23, 2010
    Sure is! lol I wouldn't really want to put my roos through that, unless you really, REALLY wanted one.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a good rooster! Nice to know that at least one nice rooster from the fair will be finding a happy home. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by