Young hen acting strange?! Help!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
One of our red star pullets, Cinnamon, acted really strange last night. It was around supper time and the pullets were running around, eating bugs, in the chicken kennel. The i heard a hen making weird noises, and i thought it must of been the rooster messing with the adult hens, who are in a separate coop. So i went to see what was wrong, and i checked on the adult hens first. They weren't making the noises, so i checked the pullets. there are 4 of them all together, but one was acting strange. she was making the noises! At first when i looked at her, she was trotting around and acting scared, so i looked around to see if maybe she could see a hawk or something(the chickens usually freak out when they see even a little blue jay, because they think it's dangerous!) But i couldn't see any hawk or anything. But then i noticed that Cinnamon was walking strange. She was holding her butt to the ground, as if getting ready to lay an egg! I was all excited because i thought it would be her first egg!
ya.gif
But then she stopped and started cleaning her tail. I waited, but nothing happened. then she walked away normally and acted like nothing happened.
hu.gif

why was she acting like this? was she gonna lay an egg?
hu.gif
is this something i should be worried about?
None of the other pullets have acted this way yet, and Cinnamon is the largest one out of them all.
Thanks!
D.gif

* My DH said to tell you she was staging a dress reherssal(sp) for the real thing---- AND that as she had you convinced that something was going on, she gets the Best Actress Award.
clap.gif
:clap:clap:clap:woot:thumbsup:thumbsup

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom