Young Hen Has Stopped Laying, Throat Pouch

shady hen lane

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 18, 2014
My 1 year old Americana has not layer for a month now. She drinks and eats, isn't molting, and is at the bottom of the pecking order. She relies on us to protect her or give her treats, and now her face has sprouted gray white pin feathers and her beard is thin. She hides from the other hens or goes off on her own. what's happening ??? :(

Also, I have a silver lace Wyandotte that has developed a pouch in between her wattles that is stiff, but she appears to be eating and drinking just fine. Does anyone know what it is, and if so, is it something I should be worried about? Thank you fl.gif

Last edited:
My 1 year old Americana has not layer for a month now. She drinks and eats, isn't molting, and is at the bottom of the pecking order. She relies on us to protect her or give her treats, and now her face has sprouted gray white pin feathers and her beard is thin. She hides from the other hens or goes off on her own. what's happening ???
sad.png

Also, I have a silver lace Wyandotte that has developed a pouch in between her wattles that is stiff, but she appears to be eating and drinking just fine. Does anyone know what it is, and if so, is it something I should be worried about? Thank you fl.gif
She is molting, if she has pin feathers. She's probably just a very slow molter.

Back
Top Bottom