Young Hens Starting to Lay

bkbingham

Chirping
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Bunkerville, NV
I got some hens on the Feb 5th as day olds, 132 days old and two of them are laying. I have some Mc Murray Americanas, Some Buffs, and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I have been getting 1 little blue egg and 1 little dark brown egg a day. Isnt it a little early for them to be laying? We are apporaching 18 weeks, and how long before the little eggs start getting bigger?

Last edited:
I have pullets that I got from McMurry on the 9th of Feb. (I'm assuming they were hatched in the 6th), that just started laying, too. My Red Star started at 18 weeks to the day and my White Leghorn started the next day. I'm thrilled...the Red Star has layed every day since she started.
smile.png
I have a BO, 2 Light Brahmas, and 2 Black Minorcas that haven't started yet, though.

Here are some photos of the group...

This is the First Egg...of the EE gr's
11256_img_0009_2.jpg

This is a EE Roo "Sgt. Peppers" that came in the All Pullett Order... He is a happy camper with all of these girls...
tongue.png

11256_img_0016.jpg

EE
11256_img_0021.jpg

This was the surprise pullett from McMurray. Is this an EE?
11256_img_0027.jpg

BUFF
11256_img_0039.jpg

Silver Laced Wyandotte
11256_img_0061.jpg

11256_img_00341.jpg

I love this Picture...
11256_img_0028.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures! Your white one is definately a EE......I have one just like her and another white one that feathered in w/ a brown face...kinda funny looking, but cute.
smile.png
Don't you just love those cute bearded faces.
smile.png
...and I can't wait to get some colored eggs. I didn't get any EE's in my rainbow layer assortment from MM. I got 4 from the feed store a couple months later so still have to wait a couple months for eggs from them.
This is Sugar
25622_100_5869.jpg

Back
Top Bottom