Young Kids and Halloween

booker81

Redneck Tech Girl
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Mid-MI
When do they actually start liking it???

Gargh.

Let DD "pick" out her costume, and she wore it to daycare on Friday. Today, you'd think I was trying to rip her limbs off or something when I tried to put it on. I ask her if she wants to go out and get candy, and get a hysterical NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What the????

So, I give up. We'll stay home and hand out candy to the 3 kids who stop by (neighbors). Again.

She'll be three in January. I'm assuming this is a part of growing up? Honestly thinking of it, there is no way in heck would she go up to a stranger's house, let alone speak. I'd rather not make her petrified of the fun, but sigh.

When can I actually expect a successful Halloween?

Yup, someone is happily watching "Horton Hears a Who" right now.

I really didn't need the candy anyway
smile.png

My kids are 8 and 11 and most years we just fill a huge bowl with candy and watch scary movies.The few times we have gone out there was maybe 2 lights on for every 10 houses we passed.It is pretty darn cold,and we are happy to be inside! Maybe next year we will go out....or maybe not.

My kids always loved Halloween and costumes. DGD picked out what she wanted to be MONTHS ago. She started thinking about her Halloween 2011 costume a couple of months ago. She happily wore her costume on Thursday for preschool, yesterday for a neighborhood BBQ (not Halloween themed) and today for Halloween. She is 4.

I picked my kids costumes until they started telling me what they wanted to be, although at some early point I started asking them what they wanted, giving suggestions and ideas. One thing we never did was the cheap "everyone has it" commercial costumes; I always tried to be creative. Hobbs (of Calvin & Hobbs), a mallard duck, Puss in Boots, Paddington Bear, Davey Crocket, Peter Pan, Headless Horseman, several variations on knights. Most parenting magazines have articles, photos and directions for making some really cute costumes starting in August or September.

We have a HUGE group that we go with and that makes the difference for my little ones. They have 20 or so kids they are used to be around, all dressed up. So its easier for them to be dressed up too. I also make costumes so I can make sure its something really comfy to wear.

Hubby grounded DD last night......Hubby and her got into a royal melt down and she just didn't want to do anything at that point. She rather be at home, watching Bride of the Corpse.
hmm.png

However we did go to the "Ghost Train" the night before and she enjoyed it and got some candy. However the goblins kind of bothered her a bit LOL! I think it was enough for her for one night.

We really didnt need any candies.....my Mom gave us three bag full of candies and we ate all of it in a week. UGH!

Back
Top Bottom