Young kids sleeping

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by They Call Me Pete, Jan 9, 2010.

1. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    CT
    Do they just look so precious. My youngest daughter(5) says " dad I'm going to lay down" next thing I know she out cold sleeping. She's snuggled with her puppy(as a pillow) and her other puppy clenched under her arm as I sit here and write this on the couch. I don't want them to grow up. I know one chapter closes and another one opens but this age (oldest 7, and little one 5) I'm enjoying every moment good or bad. I also must mention I'm a stay at home dad working on building up my farm. My girls love the farm life (they ride horses and show)and I'm going back to my youth growing up on a pheasant farm. Life is good and HAPPY NEW YEAR

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    had a similar moment. My 2 year old grand daughter had to stay home from day care because of the flu. I got her all medicined up, got some crackers and pedalyte in her and we played most of thursday. About noonish she curled up on my lay-z-boy and said night night. So I sat on the couch to change the cartoons to the news. She ended up coming over, laying in my lap and falling asleep on me. We both woke up much later when my DD and wife came home from work. They had a good laugh at grandpa and GD snoozing and snoring on the couch. God, I hope it doesn't make it to youtube [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:I do. [​IMG]

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

[​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California

X2

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
  7. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    CT
    Quote:Your not alone. Plenty of pics from my wife of me and my daughters snoozing. Nothing better. I miss the baby days but I do enjoy them taking care of the chickens and helping bringing in the firewood. That entails driving the tractor though [​IMG][​IMG] but from time to time you'll find them stacking too. Yup proud daddy moment [​IMG]. Alright enough of this sappy poop get back to work [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by