Young little Barred Rock Cockerel - East TN, West NC, North GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tnchickenut, Jun 16, 2011.

1. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    I have a little cockerel around 4 weeks old. His momma decided to sit and I thought it best to let her hatch. Towards the end of her 21 days she squished the eggs and killed two babies and I took the rest and incubated broken eggs, putting papertowl over the open end and keeping it moist. THANK GOODNESS I had three days off in a row to hover over the incubator with a spray bottle. It worked and I got three babies. (Thank you Jean for your help and knowledge that saved these "eggless" babies)

Well, luckily only one looks to be a boy. He is $5 to anyone around the area... I live in southeast TN... not far from GA or NC lines. I also have some other things for sale (on Knoxville's CL mostly) so if interested in anything else, we can make one trip for all the birds.

He is from hatchery stock but looks like the barring is going to be real good. I have some XW line BRs comming up, so I know I won't be using this boy. I don't have pictures AT THIS MOMENT, so give me a day or so... I'll put them up. You can also email me at [email protected] and I will email them direct to you.

Thanks for looking... post questions in thread, please.

~ Stacy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by