Young Peacock in tree in TERRIBLE snowstorm

the Old Rebel

Rest in Peace -2011
12 Years
May 12, 2007
Hendersonville NC
Hi Everyone

My 5-month-old peacock got scared and flew high up in a tree when we were trying to get them in their pen this afternoon. We are in the middle of the worst snowstorm we've had in years. She has never seen rain hardly. It is COLD and I am worrying myself sick about her. She is high above the pen where her family is. She is lost calling to them, but I don't think they can hear her, because they are not answering. She is too high for us to throw anything at her to get her to fly. They WILL NOT land in this snow.

Will she be ok up there tonight?? It is getting dark fast. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get her down?? I am soooooo concerned for her.

Your prayers are welcomed.

Oh NO!!!!!! My friend!!!!!! What can I do? Prayers your way. I will worry right along with you. Call me!
hugs.gif

Thanks, everyone, for the prayers. She flew to a tree close to the rabbitry where the peacocks go to get out of the rain when it rains. We HOPED she would go in, but she didn't. She ended up going up high in another tree. It is dark now. I left lights on in the rabbitry and in the back, HOPING she will still and yet fly down for cover. It is snowing sooooooooo hard. Our tracks we made just an hour ago are already filled in. I can only pray for her. I'm very concerned that this exposure will make her sick. Any suggestions as to what I should do if she is still alive tomorrow??

I wish I did (have a paintball gun). I probably couldn't hit her with it if I tried. I HOPE she will be ok. I'm concerned that this will make her sick. They sleep in a house together every night. As I said, she's never felt rain hardly. All I can do now is pray and hope I can catch her tomorrow.

Can you grab one of her family members - hold them in your arms, tight so they don't get away. If she calls again, hopefully the one in your arms will respond and she can hear it. Maybe she'll get closer once she hears.

I am going to think good thoughts for her tonight.
hugs.gif

I'm sending prayers your way. I would be worried sick also.

Just a thought but call the non emergency number for your local fire department and see if they will help you. It is Christmas and wonderful things do happen this time of the year. If the fire dept says they can't help call your local news station (they man the phones 24 hours a day) to see if they will come do a story and ask the public for assistance. Sometimes you hear about a kitten being rescued by a tree climber or logger and sometimes the fire depts will go to extraordinary lengths to get a puppy or kitten 'unstuck' from a pipe or something.

I'm sending good thought and good luck hun!

Back
Top Bottom