Young Peahen with Swollen Sinuses

JOA Farms

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 30, 2013
Waiting for a call back from the 3rd vet I tried. First vet doesn't do much in way of birds. 2nd doesn't have their bird vet in until Monday. She looks completely miserable. Eyes are swollen and draining. She's got something that seems to be dried mucus on her beak. I had some Vet RX that we gave last night and this morning but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Any suggestions on making her feel better? I've got to be on the road in 2 hours but there will be someone here later today that can keep up with her care

Thanks! My husband is picking some up after work. I called 3 vets and none will see peafowl. Including the exotic vet and avian vet.

An antibiotic like Tylan or Baytril is probably a good idea. Good chance of it clearing up if you treat now.

-Kathy

My little girl didn't survive the night :( My little boy has it now. He was fine night before last and had an eye swollen shut yesterday so we immediately started the Tylan 200. Also put some vasoline on his eyelid to try and soften the crud so he can open it. Moved him out where he can get better air. Bleached the coop again and gave him all new food and water bowls. He has 2 silkies for companions but they seem to be fine. He gets very distraught if you take them away. The weather has been a little tricky lately. Would you put a heat lamp back on him? And at what temperature would you turn it on? It stayed around 70 last night so I'm sure he was fine but sometimes it drops to the 50s

Back
Top Bottom