Young Peking and Khaki ducks to give to a good home. WV

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by blueskylen, Jun 8, 2008.

1. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    Hi, with sadness we have to give away our 2 9 week old ducks to a good home. I think that they are both male, but am not sure - the khaki may be a female. They really love each other, and we would not like to separate them.
    They don't like to be touched, but will follow you around and show off. I think with time, you would be able to pet them and they would make good pets.
    Our english setter tried to get one of them this morning, and cannot be trusted ( he got one of our chickens last week ). We don't like to pen them up, and cannot keep them on our pond, as he might still be able to get to them.

We are located in Preston Co. WV, and will deliver within 20 miles, or you may pick up. thanks

2. kevin2010

kevin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    i will take them
    i am in tucker county where are you in preston county?

3. kevin2010

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    i just wanted to let you know i have and am raising ducks

4. blueskylen

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks, I must ask you tho, since my grandson picked them out - are you going to keep them on a pond, or are you raising ducks for meat?...... He would be so mad at me if I gave them away to someone who would eat them or sell them for meat.. ( He's only 8 )

thanks again, and will wait for your reply.
    Mary

5. kevin2010

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    MY FAMILY RAISE THEM AS PETS MY 2 YEAR OLD BROTHER LIKES TO WATCH THEM AND HAND FEED THE DUCKS AND CHICKS WE HAVE A POND AND ALLOW THEM TO RUN FREE THERE IS FENCE AROUND THE PROPERTY WHERE WE KEEP THEM

6. blueskylen

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    Hi again Kevin,

in that case, it sound like they would have a good home, and would be loved.

We live between Terra Alta and Bruceton Mills - on the Brandonville Pike also known as RR 3. Are you familiar with the area?

you can

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  7. kevin2010

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    I MAY BE ABLE TO COME GET THEM LATER TODAY OR TOMORROW IS THAT OK I HAVE TO WORK THIS MORNING OHH YOU MAY WANT TO DELETE YOUR NUMBER ALSO I WILL WRITE IT DOWN REAL QUICK

8. kevin2010

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    IM KINDA FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA I USED TO LIVE ON HORSESHOE RUN ROAD AND IF I NEED FARTHER DIRECTIONS I WILL CALL ON MY CELL PHONE

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by