Young pullet not thriving as sibs are. Yellow skin around eyes and yellow comb at 5 months + she is

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lobzi, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem and/or how I might help her to thrive. She cries like a baby chicks, acts cold most of the time and continues to try to find a hen or me to snuggle with. She just continues to act more like a baby chick then a pullet her age. I really would like to help her but besides making sure she has plenty of protein and quality food with added vitamins, Im at a loss as to how I might help her. I also make sure she has a warm place to lay or sit if she is not up eating. She stays with me for now rather than in the yard. I got tired of watching her chase after her mama crying. Her mom has long since cut the apron strings with her brood.

2. pwand

pwand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    Yellow often means liver failure. Can you post a picture? How is her poop?

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    It is strange that she wants to hang after you since most of my broody-raised chicks and pullets are scared to death of me. She may have some long standing internal problem that has made her the way she is. Most pullets will hang with their siblings like glue until they are much older. A picture of the yellow skin and a typical poop would be good to see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by