Young rooster cannot see!!

He is not eating or drinking on his own accord today :( I have tube fed him every 4hrs, and lubricated his eyes. His tail is down and not even chirping when I stroke him :( He is basically standing in the same place. I think I may loose this little fella.
hit.gif

Sorry that he is worse. You have really been doing a good job to try to save him. Can you find out if a vet or local college could perform a necropsy on him and test for Mareks disease? Mareks can cause tumors everywhere in the body, and sometimes even performing a necropsy ones self, you could find evidence of tumors in the crop, gizzard, liver, and else where.

Sorry that he is worse. You have really been doing a good job to try to save him. Can you find out if a vet or local college could perform a necropsy on him and test for Mareks disease? Mareks can cause tumors everywhere in the body, and sometimes even performing a necropsy ones self, you could find evidence of tumors in the crop, gizzard, liver, and else where.
I have just returned from the vet... poor Sir had to be pts as he was so poorly. The vet was an exotic animal vet including chooks and she knew exactly what she was talking about. She felt that a viral infection had occurred, as I said that Willameena, his pen mate was also poorly, but nowhere near as bad as Sir was. It happened so quickly bless him, from sight problems to death was 4 days :( She has advised not to introduce any new birds, and separate Willameena (she is indoors anyway). She offered to do a necropsy/autopsy but I declined... I didn't want his body all cut up :( I am treating Willameena for cocci, just to be sure it is not that, and if she does not improve over 3 or 4 days, and declines in health, I shall take her to the vet, and will ask for her to be pts if needed and a necropsy done.

Thanks for all your help.. was awful tube feeding him, and not something I want to have to do again.

I like to remember him like this... first meeting his new pen mate Willameena in the cleaning holding zone. The silkie in the background died from an injury to her head :( Sir and Willameena became the best of friends. I hope she does not miss him too much. She is not able to join the older girls as yet.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom