Young rooster crows- NOW MEET REAL HENS!

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
abi.PNG

My rooster just started to crow 3 months old. He has a good relationship with hens his age, and he decided to tell the world how wonderful he is. This is the time I introduce him to real adult hens. That usually shuts him up for a couple more months. (He is not alone, he is with 4 other rooster friends.) They have already made some friends from the older hens, sharing food trays etc. They are learning their place though.

View attachment 2445551
My rooster just started to crow 3 months old. He has a good relationship with hens his age, and he decided to tell the world how wonderful he is. This is the time I introduce him to real adult hens. That usually shuts him up for a couple more months. (He is not alone, he is with 4 other rooster friends.) They have already made some friends from the older hens, sharing food trays etc. They are learning their place though.
That’s such a beautiful cockerel!!! What is he?

Now the the young roosters are sleeping in the big coop, I see one of the red roosters sleeping shoulder to shoulder with an old hen that has bad eyesight. That is nice they are friends.

Back
Top Bottom