young rooster here. dunno what breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sjeane, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Sjeane

Sjeane Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    no real clue on the age, wandered up to my aunts house and she gave him to me, he isnt crowing, and is about the same size as my 3month old dominiq's. he is acting like he is wanting to try and mate with my pullets but just cant get it figured out on how to stay locked on, as soon as he tries to grab their necks they run and he falls off. i was thinking he may be a Game/laying mix or something. would love to hear other opinions. alot of folks around here like to cross game with laying chickens. i have looked at alot of the pure bred chart colorations for roo's and i cant find any that are like this fellow.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Looks like a mixed breed.

3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe a Golden laced Wyandotte/ Modern Game or some other kind of mixed breed. :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  4. When I first look at the photos I thought it stands like an OEGB but is bigger and with mixed colors. Then I read the thread and came to the same conclusion as you stated. Mixed with something that is bigger and black in coloring. So it's a mixed mutt. Your pullets are not ready yet and will give him the run-a-round for another couple of months.

Just me guessing. No genetic facts figured into my guessing.

Wish ya the best.

5. Sjeane

Sjeane Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    thanks for the opinions! cant wait to hear him crow, so far he is doing an excellent job as far as what i call "keepin' the girls in line" lol.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Some sort of mixed breed, probably with some OEG or Modern Game in his background.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by