Young Rooster Lethargic, Eats Little, Watery Poop.. Help Needed

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mattole, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Mattole

Mattole In the Brooder

Feb 12, 2010
    Hello Everyone,

I have a six month old rooster who over the course of three days became lethargic. He eats very little, and his poop has yellow-tan liquid with a little white slime and a few green flecks from his food. He has lost a lot of weight. His comb is still red and his feathers are lustrous.

Today I started feeding him a softer food which I feed my cats and dog, which is made up of raw ground beef with liquified vegetables and beef organ meats, brewers yeast, kelp powder, and a little multivitamin mix. Just started feeding him this today and after every time he eats he perks up, stands up and starts walking around a little. I have him inside the house now in a large cardboard box.

Any ideas what can be ailing my rooster friend? The rest of the flock seems fine.

Many thanks.

2. Mattole

Mattole In the Brooder

Feb 12, 2010
    No rooster experts out there with a word of advice?

3. Beekercat

Beekercat Chirping

Aug 23, 2009
    Gainesville, Florida
    I don't know what you can do for him but maybe someone else does with a bump.

4. Mattole

Mattole In the Brooder

Feb 12, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately he died last night.

Just before dying he some of the tannish colored liquid coming out of his mouth. I have no idea what he may have gotten into or what got into him. Fortunately the rest of the flock is fine.

5. Beekercat

Beekercat Chirping

Aug 23, 2009
    Gainesville, Florida
    Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by