Young Serama Roos............?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by magsrags, Aug 31, 2009.

1. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    My 4 month old Serama Roo loves me. I hatched him as an only Serama & fed him by hand.
    The 2 Searma hens I brought home for him 2 weeks ago have pleased him aplenty!eexact same age....16 weeks old?.
    .Seems my larger/older "girls" weren't receptive of his romantic advances.
    But now he is terribly aggresive with all but his 2 little hens.l:<((

what say yee folks........birds of a feather will always flock together???
    TIA
    Maggie

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Not sure.... all my roos are really gentle and love all the ladies...
    Might be my line though.....

Are the larger/older girls also Serama....hmmmm

Maybe they started it?

3. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Quote:They are standard sized and he was tormenting them to pieces before the 2 loittle hens his size arriv4d. My SLW is 5 months old or so....she would just look at him like he was nuts. But he chased and really made my little creve so nervous so I had to seperate them. And my Polish hen too. They want no part of Shorty.LOLOL

Yet he leads his little gals around my yard like a prince. Calling them to treats he finds. I love watching them.........

4. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    That is so funny. [​IMG] What a silly little guy!!!

Most of my loose Serama roos ignore the bigger birds, they all just hang out...... but I hear that they can be fiesty!
    .............Maybe its because I also have a free range White Rock roo and Red Bro roo (that is near turkey size) and they dont feel like starting a fight when those HUGE guys are around to hear it...

I have the other million seramas all in separate breeding pens or tractors, so they dont get a chance to be with the big guys. Maybe they like it that way, lol. That Red Bro is Huuuuuuge!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by