Young Serama Roos............?????

magsrags

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Staten Island NY
My 4 month old Serama Roo loves me. I hatched him as an only Serama & fed him by hand.
The 2 Searma hens I brought home for him 2 weeks ago have pleased him aplenty!eexact same age....16 weeks old?.
.Seems my larger/older "girls" weren't receptive of his romantic advances.
But now he is terribly aggresive with all but his 2 little hens.l:<((

what say yee folks........birds of a feather will always flock together???
TIA
Maggie

Last edited:
Quote:
They are standard sized and he was tormenting them to pieces before the 2 loittle hens his size arriv4d. My SLW is 5 months old or so....she would just look at him like he was nuts. But he chased and really made my little creve so nervous so I had to seperate them. And my Polish hen too. They want no part of Shorty.LOLOL

Yet he leads his little gals around my yard like a prince. Calling them to treats he finds. I love watching them.........

That is so funny.
big_smile.png
What a silly little guy!!!

Most of my loose Serama roos ignore the bigger birds, they all just hang out...... but I hear that they can be fiesty!
.............Maybe its because I also have a free range White Rock roo and Red Bro roo (that is near turkey size) and they dont feel like starting a fight when those HUGE guys are around to hear it...

I have the other million seramas all in separate breeding pens or tractors, so they dont get a chance to be with the big guys. Maybe they like it that way, lol. That Red Bro is Huuuuuuge!!

Back
Top Bottom