Young welsh harlequin female in New England

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by duckiquackers, Mar 8, 2017.

1. duckiquackers

duckiquackers New Egg

Apr 17, 2015
    Our beautiful welsh harlequin female (metzer stock) lost her two sisters recently to daytime predator attacks. For multiple reasons we are not able to get more at this time and do not feel our home is safe for the survivor. We do not want her to just live alone, waiting for her time to come at the hands of the killer. She is just under 2 years old, very healthy, beautiful and currently laying 1 egg per day. She is not pet-tame but she is a typical duck – can put herself back into her pen at night and is a good girl. Not aggressive at all, and not too loud but she was one of the more dominant ducks in the group. None of her flock members died of transmissible illness, all predator losses. I think she would do well in a larger flock or even with just one or two other ducks.

We are located in MA and willing to drive a couple hours to place her in a good home in the region where she can have other ducky companions. If you are interested, we can send pictures. I hate to give her up but I know keeping her all by herself is absolutely not the right thing to do for her. :(

2. Rreese

Rreese Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2015
    Dripping Springs, Tx
    Exactly what we are looking for! We have a pair of Pekins, male/female, but he needs another mate. Unfortunately, we are in Tx. [​IMG]We are having such a hard time finding a young female or an adult for him. Ugh!

3. papaduck

papaduck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2014
    where in MA. are you

4. papaduck

papaduck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2014
    I'm in central NY ,but my daughter is by Lowell,so may work as a good excuse to visit
    we have a small flock of 12 ducks and 4 chicks your girl living in a fenced in yard ( due to preds) but I take them down to the creek or pond
    when possible we would give your girl a good life

5. madelines hens

madelines hens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    any chance i could see a pic of your hen??

6. madelines hens

madelines hens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    im in NH and I'm very interested

7. barkersbirds

barkersbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Massachusetts
    We have six Mallard ducks (two drakes and four hens) in need of a new home. They are all 15 months old. Five are pure Mallard and one is Mallard/Welsh Harlequin cross (drake). They are very productive but we are no longer able to care for them in our backyard setting and are looking for a good home for them. Please message me if interested. Would be happy to transport them if I could know they were going to a good home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by