Young white eyed peafowl pics.

zazouse

Crowing
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Southeast texas
I have a pied pair and they came from parents that were not pied nor did they have white flight feathers but this person has been getting pied babies from them every season so far.
What i am wondering is my peacock going to be a white eyed? both he and the hen have frosted feathers and the hen is lighter and frosted also.
It does not really matter i am just curious if anyone has some young white eyed photos to share so i can see if he and the hen are white eyes.
Here is a photo of him and his frosted tail feathers at about 8 months old i think

I am downloading some recent photos of the pair i will post them later.
thanks for looking

From what I have been told, Zaz, white eye is a dominant gene. So if the parents were both IB, he can't be white-eyed. One of them was split to pied for sure b/c of his white throat and primaries. I bet he could throw some stunning babies if he bred with your white.

From what I have been told, Zaz, white eye is a dominant gene.
Correct, at least one parent would carry the gene for it to show in the offspring. It is possible that the father carried white without showing any white flights - I have had that happen. The mother would then carry the pied gene (only known if bred to a white male or male known to carry white as it isn't visible). The white tips on his tail feathers could be an effect of them being a very young pied who may not show that when he moults.

I took this photo of him yesterday.
His belly will not change color those white feathers are going to stay white.
This is their baby picture
the male is in the back

This is the male as a hatchling

He is actively breeding with the female and they are just now turing a year old.I hope one of my 3 white hens take up with him.

I'm not making guesses, just weighing in on white eye- it's possible that one of the parents was white eye without showing *any* sign of it. A bird with only one copy can occasionally have NO white eyes phenotypically, and no white flights either. It's not common, but it's possible from what I was told.

This photo isn't the best but it does show the hen , she had just hopped up there so her feathers are all messed up. , i think she is camera shy, it is very hard to get a photo of her.

Click to enlarge

I'm sticking with not carrying the white eyed gene. The male doesn't show any of the "typical" frosting on his back at all, but of course, time will tell us what he really wants to show!

Back
Top Bottom