Your best Mothers day ever!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MeatKing, May 9, 2011.

1. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I read the thread going about the worst Mothers Day ever, and at a few parts was in tears to read some of the stories.

So I thought I'd start a thread about the best Mothers day ever, to cheer us all up. (Hopefully there will be some?)
    I'll go first!

It's 4:30 am, I hear the little "pitter patter", my 5yr, she's so excited, she wants to give me my gift.. I tell her, it's 4:30, please go back to bed. 5 am, mom what time is it, are you ready? No honey, it's 5 am, go back to sleep please.. 5:30 am, now Mom? Nope honey, it's Mothers day, I don't have to work, I really need to sleep in.. 6:30, I wake up.. She's playing in her room quietly. (She's so good that way)

5 yr old, gives me This homemade doutang book. A pic of her dressed up like a chief in front of a little tyke kitchen. The front cover says, "Cooking with class" On the first page, It says Chocolate Chip Cookies by dd. It is a typed out version of her recipe, ingrediants then how to make them. Each child has a recipe , all typed out.. What ever recipe, that children said. And of course their version of how it's made.(Cute) Theses are kids ages 4-6. So sweet, the teacher sure did alot of extra work, to make it so nice . It was neat to see, what other family eat, and how kids think it's made.. lol

2 year old gave me, a flower pot she painted at her daycare, with a plant she planted in it. Also made out've clay or something, her hand print, painted, and glued to the back was this poem. Yes I cried, all the extra work the ladies at the daycare did!! I'm one lucky and proud Mom. Also dh, got me flowers. What's your best Mothers day?

Sometimes you get discouraged
    Because I am so small
    And always leave my fingerprints
    On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
    I'll be grown some day
    And all those tiny handprints
    Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
    Just so you can recall
    Exactly how my fingers looked
    When I was very small.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

This one was pretty dern cool. We went camping, fishing, some swimming... guys even did some hiking since they gave up on fishing but me and DD didn't. The girls managed a perch, a (very small) bass, and a crapper... the guys... ZILCH. [​IMG]

No cards or flowers or anything, but also NO DRAMA... just some good times and IMO some great memories to pull out a decade or three from now. [​IMG]

It was a pretty fab one in this pineapple's (admittedly fruity) opinion.

3. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I got a duck run built for mothers day [​IMG] from the best hubby! The girls helped too, they kept running off with his tools [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by