Your Coop Supplies?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DarkWolf, Apr 20, 2009.

1. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    What kind of supplies do you keep in, or for use in your chicken coops for either use in the coop or for the birds?

Guessing that DE, a rake and pine shavings are at the very top of everyone's list.. What else do you make use of?

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

A snow shovel trust me it's the best thing to clean coops out with, I some times use hay for the nest boxes so I have that on hand. There is probably more but I can't think of any right now.

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Stall fork, snow shovel, misc. buckets, flashlight, dog crate for isolation, extra bowls and waterers. Broom to sweep aisle.

Pet carrier for trips to vet or to tractor.

Chair to sit in; kleenex; Purell for the kids' hands.

Pat

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. Cats Critters

Stall fork, snow shovel, misc. buckets, flashlight, dog crate for isolation, extra bowls and waterers. Broom to sweep aisle.

Flashlight that is what I was forgetting!​

5. tn chick

tn chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2008
    SW Tennessee
    bowls lots of them
    snow shovel would be great if i could find one havent seen them in years [​IMG]

6. Cats Critters

Thought of another one Petroleum Jelly, I use it in winter to help prevent frostbite on my high risk birds, a roo who already had it and my 2 white leghorns.

7. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    For What IT's Worth:

IF it's kindof dark on your way TO the coop, get yourself some solar lights. I have several (really cheap ones-$2-3) by my house where I have other lights AND I put better ones in the ground where it can get really dark. Trust me---you Can see your way around with these---won't bump into anything or step in a puddle or hole, BUT, they won't mess up your night vision.[​IMG]

8. chickwitch

chickwitch Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    Columbus Ohio!
    Quote:Awesome idea!

9. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    I keep a shelf with medium sized jars with food, BOSS, oyster shell, and DE in them. They can be refilled as needed.

Also, I have a small handbroom/dustpan hanging on the wall. I use it all the time.

10. Big C

Big C J & C Farms

Dec 15, 2008
    Vernon Texas
    Egg gathering basket

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by