Your favorite, easy, cheapest, long lasting DIY coop,

LearninMyFlock

Songster
5 Years
Jul 9, 2016
Pennsylvania
What is your easiest to make, cheapest price not cheapest quality, study sturdy, long lasting coop? I am looking to make some coops for my babies that are growing out. Well, for when they are bigger and also full grown. I think there were some easy to make pallet coops and also some easy to make 4x8 coops using a couple pieces of plywood. Anyone care to share their experiences and their easy to make and easier on the wallet coops?? I think it's out there, I just want some more advise. Thank you!

Does anyone have easy to make chicken coops or tractors? I'm thinking of using 8ft 4x4's as the corners, 4x8 plywood on the front and back... A 4x8 cut in half for the sides... 2x 4's to frame it out and give stability. Have it raised off the ground about 4ft with a trap door in the floor and hardware cloth around the bottom.... Any more ideas?

How cheap you can make it really depends on your availability of free/inexpensive materials and handiness. You can make a good coop out of free pallets, but they aren't always available or the easiest to work with because there's no guarantee of standard sizing. A lot of times on here people will recommend cattle panel hoop coops as an economical option, and they can really range in size, be built as tractors, semi-permanent, or permanent structures (https://www.backyardchickens.com/search/60535219/?q=hoop+coop&t=ams_article&o=date).

Thank you!! I will check that out. I'm just so not tech savvy and have a hard time finding what I'm looking for. Thank you!!
How cheap you can make it really depends on your availability of free/inexpensive materials and handiness. You can make a good coop out of free pallets, but they aren't always available or the easiest to work with because there's no guarantee of standard sizing. A lot of times on here people will recommend cattle panel hoop coops as an economical option, and they can really range in size, be built as tractors, semi-permanent, or permanent structures (https://www.backyardchickens.com/search/60535219/?q=hoop+coop&t=ams_article&o=date).

Back
Top Bottom