1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Your favorite hatchery ?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Renne, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Renne

Renne New Egg

Aug 20, 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    I'm about to order my first batch of Cornish X and found a $60.00 difference in pricing.[​IMG] I don't mind spending more if the product is superior and I am wondering what hatchery you use and why.

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    If I ever do order chicks I always use Ideal now. I have used alot of different hatcheries and have consistantly gotten the rest results, price and customer service from them.

3. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    All the hatcheries buy their eggs from the same pool of growers. They never get the same eggs in consistently, so go with the cheapest and closest.

4. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    I use to swear by MMM,For many years I always thought I got great stock from them,The last few not so good.I will still use them but they aren't going to be #1 with me no more and they are very expensive.I use to think you get what you pay for,not anymore.

There are alot of good ones out there,take your pick.I had trouble getting orders from Cackle in MO.
    Welp,Mt.Healthy and Meyers have some decent Prices.Not sure about ones out your way.Had a friend order from Marti's poultry(MO) and liked them.I guess it can be hit or miss. good luck. Will

5. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Im gonna order my first mail order chicks from MyPetChicken.com cause they can ship as low as 5 [​IMG]

6. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

I started ordering from Town Line, in Zeeland, MI. They are much cheaper than McMurray, and a lot shorter shipping distance to me.

http://townlinehatchery.com/

7. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    Our MEGA meat birds came from Belt hatchery in Ca. Dont really remember what I paid though. Nice healthy birds. I can't complain.

Chef

8. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Townline is a very good choice.

9. JCfans

JCfans Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2008
    Central Illinois
    We have been very pleased with Hoovers for our layers and meaties.

10. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Jeeze, seems like I did this already today, I am really not affiliated.

central hatchery for meat birds.

Great deal, right on time, good quality stock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by