Your favorite 'pet' chicken

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickedydoodaa, Feb 22, 2009.

1. chickedydoodaa

chickedydoodaa Taking a break

Feb 8, 2009
    Philadelphia PA
    This is a cute one to ask

Do any of you have that one special bird that gets the royal treatment? for example...you take a bath together? sleep in the same bed? goes for a long drive with you? has free run of the house? how about a candle lit dinner at home together and then a movie on demand? lol

Please indulge [​IMG]

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    i have a 7 week old NHreds that when i get up in morning i go and get it and fix it a scramble egg for breakfast, and then we watch the news while it sits on my lap. and then he moves to my shoulder while i do house work till lunch, then i put him back in his room, so he can take a nap.

3. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    my silkie.

4. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Any of those things would guarantee a divorce! And while I love caring for my birds, they are livestock and serve their purpose. I have animals to keep myself sane. Ya know, something different from the daily grind.
    If I want candle light dinners or rent a movie, it better be with the wife and kids.

[​IMG] It is a fun question to ask though!

5. rockabilly7

rockabilly7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Florida panhandle
    lol i actually have 2!!! I have a 6 months old barred rock pullet who I adore even though she is a lil witch to everyone in the flock (probably because she knows she is the queen lol!!!) she comes inside the most to torture the cats and run a muck hehe!!! And I also have a 2 week old NHR pullet who is my little princess she sits and watches TV with me and we do wing exercises together haha!!!! Those two are my favorites but my entire flock gets oatmeal with fruit about 3 times a week for breakfast and ramon noodles for lunch minus the seasoning and of course fresh fruit and vegetables!!! And they all take turns coming inside!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by