Your favourite chicken....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
    Post photos of your favourite chicken.. put there name, breed and maybe explain why they are your favourite chicken. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  2. Settler'sDreamFarm

Aug 7, 2008
    Rocky
    A mix breed of some sort (unknow mix)
    Rocky is my favourite chicken because he is nice and I love his crow [​IMG]. But most of all he is my favourite because of his nice colour [​IMG]!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Rocky is so pretty! I love the creole (sp?) coloring! [​IMG]

---
    It's hard for me to post a favorite, I have so many!

But I'll choose Tosca.

Toss is my little girl. She is my only Polish hen (first favorite)'s daughter and has the most chararcter out of all of my hens. Her father was my favorite roo, he was a White Sultan, but he recently passed away due to a freak accident.

She's WCB Polish X White Sultan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She's a growly one, too. When she's mad, she won't hesitate to tell me. [​IMG] Not a good thing if your face is near her, but it gives her style. Not sure where she aquired this trait, as her mother and father were angels. Huh.

4. Settler'sDreamFarm

Aug 7, 2008
    ???? any more

5. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    They are so pretty can't wait for mine to gro up they will be 4 wks tomorrow.[​IMG]

6. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Thats, easy. Molly. Sje is a black standard cochin, and she in not quite one year old. She was my favorite for a long time, I have always thought she was so pretty, and she was very friendly and gentle.

Sorry, I'm in the picture... it is the best on I have of her. Disregard me please.... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then she did this!

[​IMG]

7. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Ava: She's just a baby still (3 weeks old) but she is already our favorite. I don't know if it is a trait of BR's or not, but she is so calm, so loving and just so perfect! If so, I'm going out and buying more this week!

She is perfectly happy being held or sitting in your hand or on your shoulder. Loves to be loved and loves you back. She is my daughter's - her first year of actually "being into chickens" - so it's been a really cool thing!

[​IMG]

8. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    My boy Gringo! Cause he's such a ham and he's so friendly and well behaved. I love his charming attitude, and he's sooo cocky! He's a White Old English Game Bantam that I hatched last year.

[​IMG]

And my littel girl Wam, aka Samantha. She's a Brown Red Modern Game Bantam hen, and she's such a sweetheart. While all the other chickens are off doing their chickeny thing, she prefers to sleep in my lap and look up at me like she just understands. She always wants attention and will do anything to get it. Amazingly... I don't have a picture of her! She got her name cause she "WAM! Burst out of the egg when she hatched!" And WAM just stuck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by