Your Opinion: Best Hanging Waterer?

Corazon Ranch

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 28, 2012
Howdy!

Just want to get some opinions on the pros and cons of the different auto-fill hanging waterers.

I've used the bucket-and-nipples system, but for my new coop I would like to do something different. I've found that in our desert climate, it's better for the girls to be able to gulp water and get their heads wet. It's messier and wastes water, but keeping them cool is more important -- especially in the long, hot summer.

I like hanging waterers because they are height adjustable, but I don't want to refill the reservoir every day. Fleming sells an automatic hanging waterer, and it is rated 5 stars, but there's only six reviews there... Plasson also sells them but it looks very different (and complex), and it comes in four different variations: Broiler, Breeder, Adult, and Compact Adult.

If you have any experience with these or other hanging automatic waterers, please chime in!

Many thanks to everyone,
Zara

Cool fresh water is better IMO.
I am not familiar with the Plasson brand, so I can't offer advice.

What did you settle on? I'm looking too, and also have long, hot summers to consider. I'd love to find something wall-mounted, definitely automatic.

We plan to use a bucket reservoir inside the henhouse that is piped with nipples on the outside of the structure. We're going to run an insulated hose underground to feed fresh water to it constantly even through winter.

Back
Top Bottom