Your opinion(nonpolitical)PLEAZE!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by birdnutz, Oct 17, 2008.

1. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I lost my home a year ago to fire. I'm not by any means heavy in the pocket,but I was insured. I have since saw just in my nieborhood a fire that cost low income people everything. Nothing was mentioned in the local paper. A rancher just lost his home to a fire,fully insured,they did have injuries(that I would donate to medical bills). Including the local bank that opened them an account. Now everything is different. Front page news.They've raised $7000.00 dollars on donations and 500 people (population of 5000) have made videos and are contacting ABC's extreme makeover to give this"down on their luck family" a new home. they think that the local contractors should donate time and suppliers donate materials for an insured home? Boy I wish I was State Farm in this one!
    Am I being vindictive or is this outragous? I am trying to understand this. But do people really think that names don't count in this town? Please help me understand!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I hate to say this, but I think it's true. What color was the low income family that lost everything? Around here, they are usually minorities, so they get no recognition. Sad but true.

I also would wonder at the number of fires!!!

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Write a letter to your local newspaper and call your local news station and report your observations... YOU can be the voice of reason!

4. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    The majority around here that own homes are white. It really isn't racial profiling. I have been beating myself up over this. I guess because in it's own way i shouldn't be jealous over someones elses fortune. But I am so tired of seeing the "Good Ole Boys" club here I've become very unpolitical.Go to www.douglas-budget.com It's under news local, you can state your opinion on this. I guess being politically uncorrect is my forteh(sp) use phonics, I do.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by