Your opinion on quality Colombian Wyandottes requested.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BeccaOH, Oct 5, 2009.

1. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    I acquired 4 Colombian Wyandottes from a guy who is breeding for show. These didn't meet his standard, but are they good otherwise? I'm new to Wyandottes and this coloring.

There are 2 roos and 2 pullets born in early June.

Should I keep them?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. funkychicken

funkychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    East Texas
    All I have are W's...2 silverlaced,2 goldenlaced and 2 columbian...Yours look like they are right on track for the age...I'm no breeder/show but I know that they must meet certian conformation standards...that being said...I seriously doubt that there would be harm in letting them be a "regular ole chicken" in the yard...I will also tell you that my colombians are my favorite hands down and I will have nothing else...they actually have cute personalaties whereas the others that I have are just pretty chickens...all of them are super great layers of brown eggs...and one of my columbians, called MaMa, has been broody quite a bit so in the future I will let her sit and see what she does...I hope all this helps!!

3. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    One of my CW roos has a a nice crow. I really don't need to keep both roos, though. I think I even have another CW roo in my brooder. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by