Your opinion please

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by okiechick57, Dec 18, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I now have 3 runners.....not sure of the sexes yet....but two stand so tall while the other one stands more like any other duck...... in your opinion , are these two good runners to breed, I do think I have one female and one male [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In this pic you can see the difference in stances of the 2 against the one........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

How old are they? I can't see in the picture if the one behind has a drake curl or not. The one in front doesn't.

3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I'm not a duck person, but are all three the same breed?? do ducks cross breed like chickens??

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  4. okiechick57

Hi Katy........I will have to go look,they are only 3 months old now...so I think it is too early to tell.....one quacks and one doesn't though.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't think the one is a runner....maybe a mix.

6. okiechick57

Quote:Yes , all of the fawn and white are the same breed. Well come to think of it.the one may be a mix since she/he stands so different.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The voice is a good way to tell the ducks from the drakes before they get their curl.

8. okiechick57

They do look totally identical.all three.....just the stance is different

9. okiechick57

Quote:I am so glad they are sounding different, I would like to breed them if they are male/female.......goodie goodie, I will wait to find out for sure....one thing that drives me nuts is my Roeun, I won't know for a while with that one.......or my deformed mallard either....

10. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Your too quick I added to original post, do they cross breed and you answered that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by