Your opinions please.. Wyandottes!

CelticMoon1

Songster
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
Here's my 6 months old roos.. Sorry the pic quality isn't the best, and it proved quite hard to get a good view of them in the run.

Gulliver, GLW:
Gulliver.jpg

Silvio, SLW:
Silvio.jpg

Now this is our cull, but we're keeping him till spring I suppose...
S.jpg

Quote:
Thank you
big_smile.png
Yes he really was a fluke as he was given to me at 6 weeks old for free (the woman had 2 chickens but only wanted pullets) and I do like him very much. My hope is to use him as foundation roo for my GLW stock
smile.png

The pic doesn't really do Silvio justice though, his body shape is very much like Gulliver's, though his lacing in the wing area is a bit poorer. He did NOT like the camera and didn't want to turn his side towards it LOL

Now I am wondering about the cull... These colors aren't easy to come by here, and those available are of limited bloodlines. My SLW roos are "fresh blood" genetically b/c their father was a Danish import. I think his lacing is passable, but he is leaner than the other roos and his comb and wattles less prominent. Does anyone think someone would use him for breeding or should we give him away as a "hobby roo"? (I guess he could improve somewhat with age, but still...)

gulliver is the most beatifull rooi have ever seen
iwould like to have his pic as my screen saver on my comp.
very nice very nice i love it.
celebrate.gif
:celebrate

Quote:
Oh, I am keeping him at least until spring, probably summer - he's my "back-up bird"!
big_smile.png

The first one is probably your best. The 2 SLW will probably fill out more once their second moult hits. They could be more "circle" like stated in the post above though. Very beautiful birds.

ETA: I'd watch the white wyandotte girl in the first pic o.o She looks mad
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom