Your pets- Tell us about your pets & post pics!!!

I don't have a picture with me right now but I have a ferret. His name is Benny, he is a male. He is about 3 years old. He is cinnamon colored. He is amazing and friendly, he is friends with just about all species of animals. He is very playful

Sorry, I don't have pictures of them because I'm on my chromebook OS, and boy is it hard to take a picture of something other than my face! Anyways, this is gonna get long.. Here's the obvious, I have 6 chickens, and 3 ducks. I don't have names for my ducks but i do for my chickens (black beauty my favorite, scruffy, brownie, alpha, jiffy, and peppi). I've have my chickens for almost 2 years, and the ducks for almost one. I had 6 more chickens, and I found out 2 were bantam roosters. they were fully grown and only a little bigger than a chick! Luckily they were friendly, but got eaten by stupid raccoons. along with the other 4 chickens I got. I have a huge female German Shepherd named Zoey, and a small male Jack Russell named Rex. I'm putting my shepherd in dock dogs soon for jumping, and my Russell does awesome tricks in general. I have a used-to-be stray cat named woodchipper, and she is one of our neighbor's cat's kid. long story... Anyways, then I have 3 gerbils, raskal, kernal, and shadow. Got em at petsmart pretty cheap too! then I have some fish, lol. I used to have 2 bunnies, but I went to Florida for a week with my family and I told my brother take care of the chickens bunnies, etc. he didnt. So, I came back and one was already dead. While the other one's eyes were sucked in because of no water D: I felt like choking my brother so bad that day.. anyways.. I'll try to go on my computer and get pics up and edit this
bun.gif

Almost the same with one of my chickens which look exactly like her! Mine had staph in her foot though, not a hawk. Mine preferred me more than the other chickens too much at that time also, lol!

Maybe a red sex link is the same thing as a golden comet it just has two names

When I was researching what chickens to get I read the whole Dom story and went with them because of it.
I had a hard time finding any within driving distance and the farmer tried to talk me into taking anything else.
He looked like he was going to cry when he came out of the barn with two. He just didn’t want to give them up.
I named the little older one Maxi & younger Mini. When they got older I had to put on white & black leg bands to tell them apart.

Then I sent for hatching eggs from Nantahala Farm & Garden North Carolina and hatched out 10 more last August. One was just very special friendly and wanted to be held & petted. When they went to my Cousin’s barn she named him Ross and took him in the house often. When it started getting cold I bought a diaper and brought him home. Naturally he screams every time I eat or drink something and wants some. Here he is eating his Super Bowl slice and he washes it down with beer.
Unbelievable how much they are like people. I read that if available the same % of chickens become alcoholics. We go everywhere we can together and he is a Chick magnet. All the girls at Petco, Tractor Supply, Fast Food windows, Lowe’s & Home Depot love him.

We were getting cabin fever all cooped up and I want babies soon as possible. So I bought another diaper and tried bringing Maxi in to get use to him. She is nosy, has to explore every square inch. Combative, won’t stop attacking Ross. Just squawk, squawk nothing suits her, won’t eat the same feed she had outside. No nest suits her, but when she finally settles in one and I take off the diaper it’s run around and chase the cock and crap anywhere but on newspaper, but no egg laying. Finally I got fed up and put her back outside again.

So I tried Mini, here she is dancing on my keyboard deleting my Opera browser. Then we all shared a cone of black cherry ice cream. I could see the gears turning in her head as she thought; “Hey there is an advantage in being a house chicken, I’m going to toe the line”. I fell asleep and when I woke up Mini & Ross were cuddled up asleep together right above my head. Ice cream the universal love potion! Mini woke up and moved before I could take the picture. She has been just wonderful for two days. I hope some of this personality is genetic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom