Your Polish Chickens: How Well Do They Lay?

FountainCityCottage

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2019
B0D05E16-C79D-40E7-BB95-2B2D202D070E.jpeg
I have a new Polish pullet, and I’m just wondering what kind of egg output others get from their Polish.

I have 2 bantam Polish that normally lay 4-5 eggs/week each during the regular laying months, and last year were the first to start laying in March and one is still laying now despite all others (4 EEs and 1 OEGB) having stopped laying/molting over a month ago.

So, i got something from my genetic class, that chicken with crest have a lerhal R genotype that can kill chicken if they have double R on its genotype, normal chicken have rr genotype, while crest have Rr. which mean, you can get 50% crest, 25% normal and 25%lethal/ die from crest×crest, or 50:50 crest:normal from normal×crest.
Does anyone ever try these?, how does the offspring looks?, how much egg produced/how much offspring survived?. is there a difference when you mix breed them and not?

Last edited:
I have 2 bantam Polish that normally lay 4-5 eggs/week each during the regular laying months, and last year were the first to start laying in March and one is still laying now despite all others (4 EEs and 1 OEGB) having stopped laying/molting over a month ago.
Whats the cockerel?, how much egg in total/laying?, how much survived?

I have tried to refine my breed to get the junglefowl gene inside, by re breed the most similarly looking chicken, i realize that it's become harder each generation, seems that their productivity goes down. Well, maybe i should delay this project, or just drop it, and just buy real junglefowl, or not (they're damn expensive)

Back
Top Bottom