1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Your Review of the1588

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by team edward, Feb 23, 2012.

1. team edward

team edward Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Amarillo Area
    Hi all! I am considering buying a 1588 Hovabator (my Little Giant isn't working that well anymore). What's your opinions of the 1588? Thanks.

2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I have the 1583 which is the same as the 1588 without the preset electric thermostat. I am hatching in mine right now. The large window is great for seeing, I think it holds humidity as good as any. But for the price it is right and you can hatch up to 40 eggs if you want.
    Michele

3. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I loved mine so much, I immediately bought a second one.

Deb

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Yes, I love them. I had one 2 years ago, loved it. Bought an Rcom eco, I really like it. It is load, set , and go. But just bought another 1588 as a backup or for larger hatches. It was great. Only suggestion: Cover window with a loose piece of bubble wrap to keep the temp more stable. But it's worth the money, and you will like it alot.

5. team edward

team edward Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Amarillo Area
    Thanks! I can't wait to buy mine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by