your Reviews?: 1583 Hova-Bator, Circulated Air Picture Window

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TommyVT05, Feb 26, 2008.

1. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Hello Everyone,

Yeah...I have been looking for incubators for a while and havn't really found "the right one" yet. I have finally found what I think is perfect but I will need some feedbacks before I get it [​IMG] (Tried to search for reviews but there aren't any:()

This model: as described in:http://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=76#

Shows great promise...circulated air...good temp keeper...huge window...etc. But is it promising as it sounds?

I will get this with an auto egg turner. hehe. so its going to cost more than what I expected and thus, I want to make sure its really good and that I will get good hatches from this.

Thanks!!!

- Tommy

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Tommy...I just got one of these for Christmas...infact I just got it out today and put it all together...I got the egg turner too....I thought tomorrow I would set it up and run it for a few days ....I can't set eggs again just yet going to be away from home for a few weeks in March...

I asked around and this one was recommended by a long time hatcher person on BYC...I was told it's the easiest to fix if a problem would arise......

3. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have that exact setup - with the picture window, turbo fan, and turner. Here is a picture of mine that I took just yesterday. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, and mine has never failed me yet; I am very impressed with it [​IMG]

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Agree, you can't go wrong with that one and it is the easiest to repair if something goes wrong with it. I had two of them and used them for many successful hatches. I have since upgraded to cabinet models, but I liked the 1583 the best of the styro models.

Jody

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    This one's on my wish list even though I don't really have room to be hatching more chicks! I think I'll ask for it for my birthday this summer then not use it till next spring.

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm using the 1583 currently, with good results. It is way better than my old still air. Good luck in whatever you decide.

7. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    What's the difference between the 1583 and 1588?
    Preset temp?
    Thanks

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yes, 1583 uses a wafer to adjust the temperature and 1588 is a preset electronic thermostat.

Jody

9. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Great! Nice reviews so far! Thats good [​IMG]
    I am getting it!
    Hehe

Thanks ALL!!!

I heard its good in keeping temp too. Like around 100F and doesn't change much as long as its in your room...etc. and not out in the barn or anything.

The only difference in this (1583) and Genesis (1588) is just the preset therm in 1588 but the price is like $50...not worth it huh?

- Tommy

10. MommaHen

MommaHen Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2007
    Missouri
    I have the Genesis 1588. Its awesome! I got mine last Spring but have only used it twice. However my 1st hatch I only lost one egg. The 2nd hatch I had 3 that didn't hatch. These were eggs from my own flock.

I have never bought hatching eggs before until now & currently have them incubating. I'm curious to see how good shipped eggs will do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by