Your second favorite breed?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by junebug7334, Jan 17, 2011.

1. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Faverolles are my first love-alas it's super hard to find them: looking for a second favorite breed! What's your and why?????

2. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Do i have to have just one fave breed? My two fave breeds are OEGB and Duccle, i love them both as much, my second is Dutch, i don't really know why, i just like them!

3. junebug7334

Sep 24, 2008
    LOL no you can have more than one. I am just trying to "find" my other fav. It is so frustrating to have to get to the four corners of the earth to find chickens!!!![​IMG]

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    LOL IKR? my brother wants to breed Buff OEGBs do you know how hard it is to find them?!?! lol

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    First love- Ameraucanas

My Second Love- Silkies and will always be SILKIESS!! [​IMG]

6. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:do you know how hard it is to find some nice Ameraucanas sometimes!! I might have to drive from Indiana to Wisconsin just to get some nice ones!!!

My first favorite is of course Ameraucanas, but I'm not sure what my second favorite is either; I like bantam Faverolles but have never had any. I also like bantam Wyandottes too. I've had silkies and I REALLY like them. I had a buff silkie rooster Bubba and he was awesome! They very well could be my second favorite breed!

7. junebug7334

Sep 24, 2008
    Silkies are sweet! I have one right now......I will have to check out buff OEGBs.

8. junebug7334

Sep 24, 2008
    Right cause then you get into the whole hatchery vs. breeding. I have had hatchery birds (actually still do-come to think of it)..........but getting birds to standard?????

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Salmon Faverolles are my 2nd favorite. My favorite is Red Shouldered Yokohamas.

10. Tiniest Animal

Tiniest Animal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    Kingfisher
    Mine is Black austialorps and silver laced wayndote they are very pretty and are very good layers and they are nice and wont try to kill you if you go in the coop!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by