Your TSC?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CayugaJana, Apr 6, 2018.

1. CayugaJana

CayugaJana Free Ranging

Sep 2, 2017
    Anytime I go into my TSC they always ask me if I want my items bagged. Whether I have 2 or 20 items. Another gal at the store just starts shoving all the stuff back into my cart without bagging it. I live in the Midwest so it’s not like I live in California where I know they have different procedures for plastic bags. Do you know why they do this? Does your TSC do this? @SueT have you had the same experience when you go there? I find it bizarre.:confused:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. Beer can

Beer can Free Ranging

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    They don't ask here, they just bag it :)

CayugaJana likes this.
  3. FishMtFarm

FishMtFarm Emu whisperer

Jan 2, 2017
    Lake Pleasant, NY
    They sometimes ask me if I only have a couple items here in NY but f I buy a lot of stuff, they just go ahead and bag it.

CayugaJana likes this.
  4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    I will need to pay attention next time. Here we have a plastic bag ban and tax, so it's common for people to either bring their own bags or to skip the bag all together, however while TSC is in the same area, it is outside of the bag ban district.

CayugaJana likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    The TSC I go to in south WY asks me every time. Never thought to ask them why they do that...maybe it's a cost-saving measure (saves cost to them)?

6. thumper650

thumper650 Songster

Mar 10, 2018
    Maynard, MA
    I've never bought anything there that would actually fit in a bag!

CrystaBub, Miss Lydia, Raenh and 3 others like this.
  7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Bag it here. unless too large to fit in one.

8. CayugaJana

CayugaJana Free Ranging

Sep 2, 2017
    I know right?! I normally buy large bags and a series of treats, scoops, shots etc. Today I bought two large feed scoops, a bag of treats, a bovine vaccine, two calf bottles, two over the fence water feeders, and two 50 pound bags of feed. And the lady started throwing everything back into my cart once she rang it up. She gave me the stink eye when I asked her if she could put them in plastic bags for me. But then I thought maybe it was a tractor supply policy and I was just missing something?

Raenh and Miss Lydia like this.
  9. HenHouse4Life

HenHouse4Life GrandmaOnDuty

Mar 22, 2016
    Mid Michigan
    Our local TSC in michigan always asks. Most items we buy will go from my truck right to the barn on the shelf so I don't mind not getting bags.

Miss Lydia likes this.
  10. Raenh

Raenh Crowing

Jul 29, 2017
    Tomball, Texas
    It depends on whos ringing here... most will just bag it all, 1 or 2 will put back in cart unless asked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: