1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You're a Big Duck Now!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, Sep 22, 2010.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    All our little barred and rippled babies (and one surprising almost pure white, blue eyed one) joined the flock today... and of course.. once again I didn't get pics. [​IMG] They hatched 7/31 and have been penned apart, but in plain site of the big ducks mingling around the whole time. There was no trouble, hardly any scuffles and everybody took the transition in stride. One drake (our menace appleyard/khaki cross that I've complained about here before) chased one or two for a couple of seconds, but he chases everybody (even me) so that was no big surprise. And they were too quick for him.[​IMG] I knew when I went out with the treat bucket this afternoon and the babies came running with the rest of the flock to get their peas, that everything was fine.

It was kinda cute, it's like their dad, our big muscovy drake, Geronimo, KNEW they were his. He was walking with them almost like he was showing them off. Gerry is a good drake, he's sweet, never force breeds with his ladies and is quite the gentlemen. It was a good ducky day.[​IMG]

I am so relieved. [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Good for you! Smooth integration is always such a relief.

3. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Wonderful!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by