You're gonna love this one!

CityChicker

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Someone emailed me looking for a single drake (don't know if it is a member here or not?). She has a female, but needs a drake because her VET told her that her female won't lay eggs without a drake.
th.gif

Now, I have heard people post here previously that people have tried to tell them this about their chickens, but a VETERINARIAN!?!? Good Lord, how can someone get through vet school and not know something so incredibly basic? I don't want to be rude, but I think I will tell her she needs to find a new vet. If her vet doesn't know something so simple, how could he/she ever be of any help in an emergency?
lau.gif

her VET told her that her female won't lay eggs without a drake.

gig.gif

I feel so smart all of a sudden!

P.S. Tweak eats out of my hand now
big_smile.png

Oh my. I would definitely not use that vet for a bird EVER AGAIN. If he doesn't know that, how could you possibly expect him to know things like which medications are safe for ducks and even how their basic anatomy is constructed? Sheesh!

Quote:
gig.gif

I feel so smart all of a sudden!

P.S. Tweak eats out of my hand now
big_smile.png

Oh! That is awesome! I just knew he would get calmer when he was in a different environment. I am still not sure why, but those couple of big Silver drakes were the friendliest in the group.

It is pretty unbelievable that a vet would think that, right? I don't think he/she would have even the minimum competency necessary to treat birds (not that they might not be really good with a different type of animal).

lau.gif
Id get a new vet as well as send him a long detailed letter about the egg process and all the bodily functions of the duck and drake and why you dont need one. Using lots of adjectives. But thats just me. I feel SOOO Smart right now, maybe we should make a club
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom