You're not going to believe this...**UPDATED W/ PICS**

Nivrocco

Songster
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
S.W. VA
I thought my hatch was a complete failure. I had emailed and asked for advice on how long to wait to chuck the eggs. Well, today I had taken the chicks out in the playpen for "time in the sun" I was going to get rid of the eggs in the bator sometime tomorrow. I was bringing all the babies in and putting them in the brooders when I kept hearing something, I go look in the bator...There is a CHICK in there!! Hatched all by itself! I am still in shock...never heard a peep or saw a pip...please pray for a couple more to hatch with her...I'm still in awe...
jumpy.gif

This first chick, hatched Sat.
24754_adventures_in_cooping_012.jpg

The second chick, hatched Mon.
24754_adventures_in_cooping_013.jpg

Both..
24754_adventures_in_cooping_011.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't that super!!!

What "day" is it on your hatch? I just hatched out a bunch of chicks-- 10 of 15 hatched Thurs evening/Friday am (days 19/20). Today is technically day 21 and I've got 5 still unhatched and plan to wait at least another full 24 hours, if not 36-- "just in case", because "just in case" really does happen
smile.png

This is day 23 for the hatch..I was told to wait until day 24..so tomorrow was the death day..I was already dreading it.. It felt like death to me..even though no one had even hatched..

Just an update..The one that hatched came out of an "Ameraucana egg" It does have muffs, but it also has feathers on its legs...I called the lady that I got the eggs from to ask where those feathers might have come from, but I haven't heard back, yet. Also I have another egg that is pipped. I believe it is a Red Sexlink egg. I will try to post pics when I get them loaded onto the computer.

**NEW UPDATE**I spoke with the husband..they have a Cochin Roo. Now hoping some others hatch..can't wait to see what they are..

Last edited:
The one that hatched came out of an "Ameraucana egg" It does have muffs, but it also has feathers on its legs...I called the lady that I got the eggs from to ask where those feathers might have come from, but I haven't heard back, yet.

Congrats on the new babies! I just had an EE hatch, and it is also feather legged, with dark skin and 5 toes! Obviously my Silkie roosters baby! I just posted a pic on another thread. Maybe yours will turn out to be the same. Let us know what the breeder says.​

I read on here a while back that you should give them 29 days, just in case!! I always thought, no way! However now I will wait. Congrats to you!

4hu5109.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom