Youth Poultry Show- Pictures of showmanship

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mary and Mom, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Mary and Mom

Mary and Mom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2010
    United States of America
    I went to a show today. I had a very fun time. I got 2nd in Showmanship. I took four birds. My Spangled Old English Game Bantam Pullet got 1st place in variety. My Golden Sebright Cockerel got 1st place in Variety and Best of Breed. I also got a special award for him and won $10. My Sicillian Buttercup got 1st place and Best of Breed. My Buff Laced Polish was DQ'd because she had a teeney tiny feather barely growing out of her foot. But, I am not sad. I only show for fun. Here are a few pictures [​IMG] of me doing showmanship. I did really good. Thank you for looking. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. Mary and Mom

Nov 16, 2010
    United States of America
    ok. The pictures are not in the proper order. But I think you can still tell how it was to show a showmanship youth class. this is class beginner. Or well, I am not sure what the youngest kidds class is called. Jr. novice maybe. I will have to ask my leader Sheery again what it is called. Have a good night. Bye-bye. Mary.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I wish you would write a narrative to go with the pictures telling us what is happening. I used to show dogs but, have no knowledge of poultry shows/showmanship. It appears to me that you are showing off certain body areas to the judge, etc. I would really like to know what occurs during your face time with the judge. Thank you and congratulations.

4. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Congrats Mary, that's something to be proud of! [​IMG]

5. Mary and Mom

Nov 16, 2010
    United States of America
    Drumstickdiva...
    Miss Mary went off to bed. I would tell you what each picture is but she knows much more than mom. If you stop back in here I will have her write about it tomorrow. I do know that not all of what she demonstrated (for lack of a better word) to the judge isn't pictured. Some of the pictures had the faces of other children and I didn't think she should show them. She will be excited to read this I am sure. She loves "showing off" a bit. haha.

Thank you both for her congratulations.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you tell Ms. Mary I will be tuning in tomorrow.

7. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Awesome! I've never done showmanship, just regular showing I guess you could call it

8. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Very fun pictures and a great smile at the end with the ribbon![​IMG]

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Great job Mary! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. SpeckledPullet

SpeckledPullet Chillin' With My Peeps